Contact Us

My friend is losing their coverage through Medicaid, CHIP, or another government program. What can they do?

There are many things to consider when moving from a government-sponsored program to an individual under 65 Affordable Care Act (ACA) plan or a Medicare plan.

The best first step is to talk with an agent. Our agents are experts in helping people find plans that work for their needs and budget. And for those under the age of 65, they can find out if they qualify for a subsidy to help pay the monthly bill for an ACA plan.

It’s important to connect with an agent soon so there’s not a gap between when the current benefits end and the new plan can start. An agent can help explain all the options. To find an agent, call Florida Blue at 1-844-396-2512 or click here and enter your ZIP code to find a nearby agent.

Extra help and support: We also have Community Specialists at our Florida Blue Centers across the state. They can help anyone in the community (not just Florida Blue members) with things like finding food, utility and rent assistance, transportation services, medical care, government programs, referrals to mental health facilities and programs, and more. You can find more information here, including how to connect with a Community Specialist in person, by phone, or even virtually.


Was this helpful?