Money Saving Tips
- Always use an in-network pharmacy. Pharmacy options vary by plan.
- Use Preferred Specialty pharmacies for specialty drugs1.
- Use Preferred providers for medical equipment and supplies2.
- Choose generic drugs when available.
- Compare drug costs for your plan -available online and on mobile devices!
- Use home delivery pharmacy services for your maintenance medications, if available.
- Most plans home delivery pharmacy is serviced by Amazon Pharmacy. To confirm your home delivery pharmacy provider, log into floridablue.com and view the home delivery section in your member account for additional details. Visit Amazon Pharmacy for further details.
Top 4 Reasons to Choose Generics
- They're safe.
Generic medications are tested and approved by the FDA, and they're manufactured in FDA-inspected facilities.
- They're effective.
Generics are required to have the same active ingredients and must work the same as their brand-name counterparts to obtain FDA approval.
- They can save you money.
Choosing a generic equivalent could save you 30% to 80% over a brand-name counterpart.
- It's easy to switch to a generic.
Ask your doctor to prescribe a generic alternative or ask your pharmacist to contact your physician.
Top 3 Reasons to Use Home Delivery Pharmacy Services
Convenience. You get a three-month supply of medication and it’s delivered right to your door!
Savings. Your pay less with 90-day supply and you save on trips to the pharmacy.
Help. You can talk with a pharmacist or pharmacy technician 24-hours a day, 7 days a week.
Prime Therapeutics is Florida Blue’s contracted provider for prescription drug administration.
1Specialty medications are high-cost injectable, infused, oral or inhaled medications that generally require close supervision and monitoring of the patient’s therapy.
2Equipment and supplies ordered by a health care provider for everyday or extended use, such as oxygen equipment, wheelchairs, crutches or blood testing strips for diabetics.