Your choice of pharmacies will depend on which pharmacies are in your health plan’s network, what kind of medication you need and the quantity. You can login to your member account to find in-network pharmacies in your plan’s network and to compare costs. Your pharmacy options may include:
- Retail Pharmacy for up to a 30-day supply
Fill prescriptions for non-specialty generic and Brand Name drugs at your local participating retail pharmacy, including national chains, such as Walgreens and Walmart.
- When you use a pharmacy in the Preferred Pharmacy Network like Walgreens, Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie, and Florida Health Care Plans, you'll pay a lower cost share or copay for your prescription. If you choose to fill a prescription outside the Preferred Pharmacy Network, you may pay higher out-of-pocket costs.
- Retail Extended Pharmacy for up to a 90-day supply
For maintenance medication, certain retail pharmacies like Walgreens are designated as an “extended” pharmacy and can provide up to a 90-day supply of medication. Other retail pharmacies may dispense only 30 days of medication.
- Home Delivery Pharmacy Services for up to a 90-day supply
Ordering your drugs through home delivery pharmacy services is a smart way to save time and money. With most plans you pay less for ordering a 90-day supply, rather than going to a retail pharmacy one month at a time.
- Most plans home delivery pharmacy is serviced by Amazon Pharmacy. To confirm your home delivery pharmacy provider, log into floridablue.com and view the home delivery section in your member account for additional details.
- Specialty Pharmacy for Specialty Medication
A list of self-administered specialty drugs, such as injectable, infused, oral or inhaled drugs must be purchased from a participating specialty pharmacy, such as Caremark Specialty Pharmacy (1-866-278-5108) or Accredo (888-425-5970).
Certain specialty drugs may also be ordered and administered in a doctor’s office (see provider-administered list). For most Florida Blue plans these drugs are covered under a medical visit, rather than through your pharmacy, prescription drug benefits.
Medical supplies and equipment: Certain medically necessary supplies, such as oxygen equipment, wheelchairs or glucose monitors must be coordinated by CareCentrix (1-877-561-9910), Florida Blue’s contracted vendor.